The term Cloud computing refers to the availability of computing services over the internet according to the client’s needs. A client can access hardware, systems software, and applications delivered as services over the Internet through a web browser by paying for the service. The server that hosts these services is called a center.And the term cloud is a collection of data centers. These centers are owned and maintained by third-party service providers like Microsoft and Amazon.
What is Cloud
The networking industry introduced the term “Network Cloud” or “Cloud” in the early 1990s. AS originally cloud computing is a combination of networks because it is a combination of LAN, WAN or Man networks. It is made of backend and frontend. That communicates through a LAN, WAN or Man networks. A client is a frontend in the cloud while the servers are Backend.
The use of the word “cloud” makes reference to the two essential concepts:
• Abstraction: Cloud computing gets the details from clients and developers. There is a physical system to run applications. They are not specified, user’s data stores on cloud storage that is unknown, clients are free from the system maintenance.
• Virtualization: Cloud computing virtualizes systems by sharing resources among different clients. Clients can increase or decrease scalability according to their needs. The can use the resources as the need.
When a cloud is available for everyone and he can use them as he pays for the services that are called a public cloud. The cloud infrastructure is operated solely for a business or an organization is called a private cloud. The term Hybrid cloud refers to a combination of both public and private clouds.
Definition of cloud computing
According to network specialist, the most realistic definition of cloud computing is as follows:
“A style of computing in which scalable and elastic IT-enabled capabilities are delivered as a service to external customers using Internet technologies.”
Explanation of Cloud Computing
In older days well were a huge source of water in towns. Almost every family had their own well. Then by passes of time, the concept of the pipeline has occurred and nowadays a single well is enough for a town. By the use of pipelines, we can access to water whenever we want. We can stop the flow of water. Similarly, the concept of cloud computing works. In older days everyone had their own servers and systems but nowadays many people are counted to a single server and the can use its services. Internet is here like a pipelines and wells are data centers clients can access their services as they need by paying for that service to service providers.
Effect of cloud computing in the modern age
- Most of the applications are located on clouds.
- Information is cheaper, ubiquitous and easier to find. Due to clouds Information is always available.
- The cloud has enabled new social services by connecting users via social networks that are constructed using multiple cloud services
- It is easier to develop new applications and these are on the base of standard modular parts.
- We can connect to clouds whenever we want.
- We can store retrieves and backup our important data on cloud storage.
- Data is secured and safe from disasters as it is located somewhere in cloud servers.
Is Cloud Computing Reliable?
Most cloud service provider companies have powerful data centers consists of time tested and highly reliable services. These cloud-based services are accessible anywhere in the world, as long as an Internet connection is available.
Beneﬁts of Using Cloud Computing
Because customers generally do not own the infrastructure used in cloud computing environments, they can use them as their need. Most clients have no idea about data centers and the expenses behind the service. Like they can access a powerful server for their application development by paying a very small amount of money. While to buy a system like that is much hard and expensive fully.
They can save their large amount of data on cloud servers. While its harder to save the data and take care of that on a simple hard disk. clients can host their applications and websites on servers.
- We can Develop new applications and services with cloud computing.
- Also, we can Host blogs and websites by cloud services.
- Storage, back up, and recovery of data through cloud services.
- Development testing and deployment of applications.
- Analysis of data.
- Streaming videos and audios through cloud services.
All the cloud services are not the same and all services provider companies are not similar and suitable for all users. So we must have proper knowledge of types of cloud computing because they have different architectures and models.3 types of cloud computing are as follows:
Public cloud service is provided by third-party cloud service providers. User can access their services through the internet by a web browser. The cloud service provider is responsible for all hardware, software and other resources and the user just pays for service.
Private cloud owns by a single business or organization for computing purposes in a private network. The cloud server is usually located in their center or some organizations use third-party cloud services and own a private server.
By the use of technology when we combine a private and public cloud together its called hybrid cloud. It allows the data and application sharing between the public and private clouds. Hybrid cloud enables more flexibility, optimization, security and efficiency.
The community cloud provides services for a group of the organization to access the services as a group.
- infrastructure as service.
- Platform as service.
- Software as a service.
- Function as service.