Cloud computing provides different services according to the user’s need. These services may be application support, hosting of websites, accessing powerful hardware system or storage of data. Cloud computing services define ways to access them. Following is a detail of cloud computing services.
- infrastructure as service.
- Platform as service.
- Software as a service.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS is a type of cloud computing. Fundamental resources such as physical machines, virtual storage, virtual machines are provided by Infrastructure-as-a-Service(IaaS). Clients use these services as the pay-for-services. IaaS provides remote access to services so clients can use them without buying physical things.
Services of Iaas
- Disk storage for virtual Machines
- Virtual LANs
- IP addresses
- Application bundles
Advantages of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Iaas is cost effected as clients can access them by paying a little amount of money.
- There is no need for a physical location for clients to host the system. They can use resources through the internet.
- IaaS services are always available on demand.
- Clients have full access to services through VMs.
- Services can be scaled up and scaled down easily.
- Clients can store a copy of data on different locations.
- It provides a large amount of data storage facility.
Examples of IaaS:
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Platform as Service provides an environment for development, test, and deployment of applications. The most valuable feature of PaaS is to click-and-point tool that enables non-experts to make an application and web designing easily Clients can use updated services without buying them at a high cost. They can use them through the internet whenever they need it.
Advantages of Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- No need to buy a physical system for app development. Clients can get these services from third-party service providers.
- Use of third party services is costless.
- Paas provides scalability of services on demand.
- It is the duty of service providers to give always updated and patched system.
Examples of PaaS:
- AWS Elastic Beanstal
- Apache Stratos
- Google App Engine
- Microsoft Azure
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Software-as-a-service (SaaS) is a type of cloud computing for delivering software applications over the Internet to the end-users. These applications are hosted on servers and accessed via the internet. some services of SaaS are below
- Billing and invoicing system
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications
- Help desk applications
- Human Resource (HR) solutions
Example of SaaS are below
- Microsoft Office 365
- Cisco WebEx
- Google Apps
Advantages of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- With SaaS, it is easy to get applications via the internet.
- SaaS enables easy maintenance of Applications.
- Applications are available on demand.
- All users use the same version of the app at a time.
- Services can be scaled up and down on demand.
Mobile “backend” as a service (MBaaS)
It is also known as backend as a service (BaaS).It enables the developers to link their mobile apps and web apps with cloud storage. Also, it provides the facility to take a backup of important data to cloud storage.
Cloud Computing Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
IDaaS is used to keep the user’s login name and password data to access the different services within a server. IDaaS offers management of identity information as a digital entity. This identity can be used during electronic transactions.
Cloud Computing Network as a Service (NaaS)
Network-as-a-Service allows users to access to network infrastructure directly and securely. NaaS uses virtualized network infrastructure to provide network services to the customer. NaaS makes it possible to deploy custom routing protocols.
Finally, after getting knowledge about the services of cloud computing now, we can differentiate between them. It is also necessary to have a basic knowledge of these services before buying them. These services provide utilities to clients for expending their abilities.